Good news!! My blood pressure was down to 121/80 at my 37 week appointment last Thursday. I will continue to take it easy so it doesn't go up again. I gained 3 lbs in a week and a half putting my total weight gain at 20 lbs. Baby's heartbeat was in the 140's, so it's slowing down which is a good sign. Usually the last month the heart rate slows as there becomes less room for baby. I am opting not to get my cervix checked at our appointments so not sure if I am dialated or not. I have started getting some "menstral" like cramps in my lower abdomin, but nothing else that I can tell. Our next appointment is this Thursday.
I bought these gender specific going home outfits for the baby. Which one will it be...?
*How far along?: 37 weeks 4 days
*Total weight gain?: 20 lbs
*How big is baby?: around 6 lbs or the size of a small watermelon
*Gender of Baby: It's a surprise! I'm getting more girl guesses that I use to
*Maternity clothes: Nope
*Stretch marks: None that I can see
*Sleep: I am now sleeping on the couch and have been sleeping better. I get about 2-3 hour increments of good sleep. Sometimes I'm wide awake though for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night. I've had better luck napping as well.
*Movement: Oh yes. I can feel when the baby is stretching. I have a big lump around my belly button and feet/heels protruding out of my side.
*Food cravings: Sugar, Chocolate and more sugar please. I just bought Welch's Grape pop and made run this morning for donuts. I may have a 10 lb baby after all. Once I think about candy/chocolate/or anything sugary that's all I can think about until I satify my craving.
*Labor signs: menstral like cramping and pain in my butt bones after laying down or sitting. My ligaments and bones are softening getting prepared for the big event.
*Belly button in or out: Out and has been since about 30 weeks
*What I miss: Laying down and just being comfortable and putting on my shoes without be winded and in pain.
*Biggest Fear: My water breaking in public or at work. I am bringing an extra pair of pants to work just in case.
*What I'm looking forward to: Holding my baby!!!
Valentine's Day Plan. For those of you who do not know, Josh and I have been going to White Castle for Valentine's Day dinner for the last 3 years. Last year we went with John & Jill who also have the tradition of going to WC. Jill made reservations for all of us, they recently had their baby girl Julia, so I'm hoping we will be able to make it. Maybe Baby C will have already arrived and will also attend. If we are in the hospital for V Day Josh will be going to get Whities for us to have in the hospital. So we will not miss out on this tradition either way. It's all up to Baby C at this point.
This Thursday I also have my work shower so I am excited to see and visit with some girls I don't get to see a whole lot. We have been very fortunate to have very generous family and friends and we are pretty much set for the arrival of Baby C. I spent last weekend doing laundry and putting everything away, made and froze lasagna, packed most everything I could pack for our hospital bag. Now...just wait and get lots of rest I guess!!!
Angie


No comments:
Post a Comment