So today I am 35 weeks and we have 35 days until February 11th!! Whether this baby decides to come earlier or later, it is just around the corne and it still doesn't seem real. The vast majority of Baby C's growth is complete. So if he/she decides to come any time we should be aok! Baby's kidneys are completely developed and the liver is beginning to process waste. Baby weighs approx 5-6 lbs. The finger nails have reached the tip of the fingers. From here on out Baby C will gain approximately 1/2 a week. Baby still gets the hiccups a few time throughout the day.
Here is my belly pic from 34 weeks.
I feel that I am starting to slow down physically and I waddle when I have to go to the bathroom or if it's been a long day and my ribs are sore. I am still managing to go to the gym and do 20-30 minutes of walking or the eliptical. I just hate sleeping. It's so uncomfortable turning from side to side, then my ribs/back start hurting and I try and lay on my back for a little while to ease the pain, then I start freaking out that I am cutting off the supply of oxygen to the baby. That is one thing I am looking forward to, laying how ever I want and being comfortable in my bed, even if I don't sleep. I am still fighting a cold I've had for 2 weeks now. It turns out you have to get even more rest when you are pregnant to fight a cold. It is starting to get better though.
Our last dr appt was 12-30. I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks!!! I didn't feel like I gained that much so I think most went to my belly. So far my total weight gain is 17 lbs and if I have baby around it's due date I will be on track to gain about 23-25 lbs which to me is really good. I guess I thought I would gain al ot more. So far I am still not in maternity clothes and don't plan on it since it's so close now. I am measuring right where I should at my 34 week check up. The only bad thing is my blood pressure was high. They like to see the bottom number below 80. It was 88 when they first took it and 83 after the dr visited with us. I blame work because we came straight from work and I was covering a co-worker's desk and was very hectic that day. My Dr decided she wanted my blood drawn to make sure there was nothing to be concerned about at this point. The good news is my blood work was normal, so no signs of pre-eclampsia at this point and liver and kidney functions are good. They will continue to monitor this at each of my visits to make sure everything is a.o.k. I still don't have much water gain. My socks make a good indent on ankles when at work, because I'm sitting all day. Other days it's not bad at all. Our next appt is Monday 1-11 and they will be doing an exam to check to see if the head is down. If not I will get an ultrasound to see the position of the baby. I will also get my strep B test, yuck!
A few weeks ago my very talented cousin Sara took our maternity pictures and I loved how they turned out. Here is some of her work.These pictures were taken at 31 weeks.







I will be framing a couple fo these to put in the nursery. My belly has definitely grown in the last 4 weeks!
Elroy...Elroy, Elroy Elroy. He's not too sure about all of this. He keeps trying to lay on my chest while I'm sitting and it hurts my belly too much and everytime I tell him no or move him to sit on my lap or next to me he gives me sad eyes. He is also unsure everything in the nursery. He only goes in there when we are in there, as far as we know.
I had my first shower yesterday. Kayla and Shelly threw the shower for both my Dad and Mom's side of the family and a couple of my Mom's friends at my house. It was a lot of fun seeing and chatting with everyone. We got A LOT of great gifts and were amazed at the generosity. Now I am feeling very overwhelmed with what to do with all. I am slowing putting things in their place. Elroy is very interested in all the new items and I am reminding him that these are babies things not his, but we may have a bit of an ordeal with some of the blankets. The good thing is, I finished all the thank you cards yesterday so I don't have to worry about that. My next shower is this Sunday with my friends that Kelly and Christin are throwing for me.
One last thing...I went grocery shopping tonight and saw all the Valentine's Day candies and decorations. This is another indication that Baby C will be here soon. We will still be making our annual reservations for Valentine's Day at White Castle. Baby will determine whether we go or not. If we are in the hospital I will have Josh pick us up some great Castle food and we can celebrate with our new addition.
Angie


No comments:
Post a Comment