Here's what a difference 11 weeks makes in the world of pregnancy.
At Week 33 baby is approximately 16 1/2 in long and weighs between 4 1/2 to 5 lbs.
Baby’s skin is beginning to look less red and less wrinkled. Fat stores are continuing to be deposited under his/her skin. His/her bones are all beginning to harden except for the skull. The skull needs to remain soft and pliable for delivery. Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate.
Baby C is now the size of a Honeydew...only one more fruit left after this one.
Baby C continues to be very active and has the hiccups at least twice a day, which is one of the best feelings. His/her jabs and kicks are becoming stronger, starteling me at times.
We had our 32 Week Dr appointment last week. When I laid down on the table the first thing she did was try to feel where the baby was and if it was head down. She thinks head is down so far, but baby was moving to much for her to say 100%. After she inspected Baby's position, she put the doppler on to listen to the heartbeat. It was 178! The doctor was shocked and quickly learned how excited Baby C gets when someone for the outside wants to play. She kept the doppler there for a few seconds and it lowered to 155. So still around the same as we've been hearing. Everything else looks great. My blood pressure is still normal, my total weight gain for the last month was 4 pounds, so on track for 1 lb a week. Total weight gain is 13 lbs. I'm still feeling good and have an abnormal amount of energy...most days. for being 8 mo pregnant. I have been having a lot of rib pain, but have realized it's time to get new bras that fit my new upstairs additions! It doesn't solve the problem completely, but will help.
Josh and I have been busy with birthing classes and having our final meeting with our Doula. We completed the weekender classes 2 weeks ago and found them to be ok. I'm just happy to have Megan, our doula, there so I don't have to remember every detail of what could help during different stages of labor. It was nice to take the tour of the maternity unit at Woodwinds where we will be delivering though. We met with Megan last weekend for our final meeting before the real deal. She always puts me at ease and gives me the confidence I need going into all of this.
We did have an unexpected, death in my family. My Auntie Pat passed away 2 weeks ago and she will be missed immensely. It is my Dad's older sister and she had been deteriorating since her knee surgery a couple of years ago, but we didn't expect her to be gone so soon. Christmas will be difficult, but the memories we have of her will be with us forever. Our birthing classes were unfortunately on the same days as the wake and funeral, so we juggled the 2 and ended up making most of our birthing classes. It was a busy and emotional weekend. One thing I will always remember and remind myself of is the love her and my Uncle shared. They are truly a model couple that I look to in admiration. I hope Josh and I can be this to our children as they grow and learn about love.
We are getting ready for Josh's parents to come and stay with us for the holiday weekend. We will be celebrating on Christmas Day with my immediate family and my Grandma. I hope everyone has a healthy, safe holiday season!!
Maybe my next post will be before the Baby is born?!?
Angie


No comments:
Post a Comment