We had our 36 week appointment this past Monday. I didn't gain any weight, which I thought was weird, but my doctor assured me it was fine and my weight gain will typically slow at the end of pregnancy. So that means I'm still up 17 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. The bad news is I still have high blood pressure. It was 138/90. Again, they want to see that bottom number below 80. They had me lay on my left side for about 5 minutes and the doctor took it again and it was 121/73, but better. Apparently all the baby weight/placenta/fluids put so much pressure on the artery and veins making the heart work harder causing high blood pressure. I have also started having mild headaches and not feeling well. The concern they have would me to develop pre-eclampsia. So if I start swelling, get severe headaches, vomiting, getting blurred vision I need to call right away. She gave me strict orders to just rest and take it easy. I thought I was doing good by going to the gym still and hoping that would help with labor as well. She told no, not even walking on a treadmill. She said there's no need and it will just raise my BP even higher. She also suggested I don't go shopping or anything either. I won't lie, I was a bit disappointed and on the verge of tears when I heard this. Don't get me wrong I will follow her instructions, but for those who have been in this situation before know that it's hard to hear you have restrictions especially at as the end nears and so does your freedom. She said if I don't follow her "orders", as I call them, I will most likely end up on bed rest. She also didn't seem happy that I was working until my due date with the type of job I have and having high blood pressure, so they'll be monitoring at my appointments. I now go weekly, so next Thursday.
One very important peice to this whole bedrest thing is that in order for me to qualify for FMLA I have to meet my hours requirement. I have to work like 1,520 hours before I am eligible. I have been keeping track of this with my HR person and I will meet my requirements next Thursday if I work full days from here on out. So I am cutting it really close!!!
Baby's heartbeat was a strong 155. She commented again on how small the length of my waist is making it a small environment for baby so she thinks in the next 4 weeks I only have room to grow out. Good news...baby is head down. For some reason I was concerned that it would be breech, but that's not the case. Doc also said the head is very low, so that's good too. I am not dialated, which doesn't surprise me with 4 weeks to go.
I will get a 36 week picture of me, but when I get to posting it nobody knows!
As recommended by my Doula, Megan, I am sitting/bouncing/rocking on our pilates ball to open up my pelvis to slowly inch that baby down even further. This will hopefully help in labor so my work is lessened, if that makes sense. She's seen great outcomes from her past clients who do this. So whether it will or not, it can't hurt to try.
My friends Kelly and Christin threw a great shower for me last Sunday with my friends. It's always so good to see them and the food was delish. Baby C was again spoiled by all his "aunties". We are pretty much set with everything from here since the baby doesn't need much right away. We just need buy the carseat, which we plan on doing this weekend and will install and get it checked. Other than that it's waiting and getting our bag packed. My list is already made and a few items have been set aside, but most can't be packed until the day we go since it's stuff we use on a daily basis.
So far I don't think I've had many braxton hicks contractions, maybe a few here and there, but I really don't know what I'm feeling for. I have had a lot more pains and discomforts lately so I don't know what is what. As far as sleeping...I pretty much sleep on the couch most nights. I try to start out in bed, but I get so dang uncomfortable. Last night I just went downstairs after Friends and fell right to sleep, with periodic interuptions from being uncomfortable or having to go to the bathroom, which is normal. That is one thing I am looking forward to is laying down comfortably and moving in bed without making a production out of it.
Needless to say at this point Josh and I are very very excited to meet our baby! I have a little more fear in the whole situation than he does of course, but I just can't wait until they lay our sweet baby on my chest and Josh and I "really" get to meet him or her.
I will try to update this more often since my due date is rapidly approaching.
Until next time,
Angie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment