Friday, February 5, 2010

39 Weeks = Bed rest

This past Monday 2-1 we had our 39 week appointment. My blood pressure was up 128/82 and since the previous Friday had started getting symptoms of the high BP. I was headachey, lightheaded and nauseous all weekend and into Monday. I had planned on working this week with reduced hours, but once my doctor found out I was having the above symptoms she put me on bed rest. So here I am laying on the couch resting and keeping baby safe.

What bed rest includes is laying on my left side as much as possible. I can get up to go to the bathroom, shower and I can sit up to eat. My Dr did say if I need a sanity break I can go out and get the mail. Talk about exciting!!! They are trying to buy some time for us in hopes that pre-eclampsia doesn't develop and to keep stress levels down for me and baby. Pre-eclampsia would mean an induction for us to keep me and baby safe. For those of you who don't know. I am trying to have labor and delivery as natural as possible. We won't be compromising baby's or my safety though to achieve the natural child birth. I will have 3 appts to monitor baby that include an ultrasound and non-stress test (NST). As long as my blood pressure is stable and my symptoms don't get worse we can wait for my body to go into labor instead of being induced. I am feeling better laying down and don't feel so crumby like I did this past weekend. Sleeping is just tough because my body isn't tired at night from laying down all day.

So even though this is not the news we wanted to here, we are grateful we can do things to help keep baby safe and that we are so close that if we did need to be induced baby is full term.

This week hasn't been too bad since a few friends have visited during the day. Jill and Kelly have been a great help bringing/preparing food for me during the day while Josh is at work. They both stocked me up on the essential...candy!!! My Mom has also brought over a meal so it's been pretty easy this week for us and not boring for me during the day.

We are just hoping that Baby C continues to stay healthy and comes when he/she is nice and ready, but I am hoping that is sooner than later!

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment