Friday, February 5, 2010

Ultrasound & NST

Today was my first U/S & Non-stress test. I got to see our little peanut today and he/she is looking good, but small. The u/s tech said the baby is measuring at about 5 lbs 15 oz. Remember this isn't exact so hopefully baby is a bit bigger than this and he/she could still be in there for another 2-3 weeks. The Dr did say my amniotic fluid is low. It should be 10 and mine was 8.3 and if it goes below 7 that's when they would get concerned. My next u/s is next Tuesday and they will check the fluid again. There are two options if fluid goes down. Put in the hospital and get and IV will fluids or since I'm full term induce. I'm hoping neither has to occur and my fluids will stay the same or go up. To help stablize the fluids or increase them I was told to continue to rest and make sure I'm drinking plenty of fluids. I was able to get another 3 D picture of Baby C and he/she is so cute. It's little hands are crossed right up by it's face and it has a cute little button nose.

The NST showed that baby is doing well. Heartrate was increasing and decreasing with movement and there was enough movement from him her to show everything is ok with Baby C. The nurse did say it looked like my uterus was contracting. I have been having mild cramping, but nothing huge. She said that's what the monitor showed was what looked like mild cramping. Don't get too excited this could last for a week before I could actually go into labor.

My blood pressure was 115/80 which is good that it's not getting higher, but it's still high for me so bed rest continues. I lost another lb today and last Monday I lost a lb too, putting my total weight gain at 18 lbs. I am going to try and eat more to increase mine and baby's weight!

I do have a 39 week picture that I need to post, but it's still on the camera. Being on the computer too long is uncomfortable laying down so I'll have to have Josh put the pictures up.

My next u/s & NST is next Tuesday and Friday. I have my 40 week appt on Thursday. It's nice to know I will be able to get out of the house 3 times next week, oh besides to go out and get the mail!!!! I don't even do that because it's been snowing/sleeting here for the last couple of days.

Off to more resting...
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment