Tuesday, September 1, 2009

17 Weeks

I can't believe I am this far already. In only 3 short weeks we get to see Baby C, for those of you wondering...we are not finding out the gender of the baby. So the suspense will continue.



Baby C is the size of an Onion this week

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.



I think I felt the baby move last Monday and last night. I don't know for sure though. I definitely ruled out gas. The 1st time, it felt like a tiny wave rushing up against my belly in the most gentle way. If the baby's movement is anything like that I love it! Then last night I felt a little flutter feeling in my lower abdomen. I hope I get to feel more and like I said I have not idea if what I felt was the baby, but I like to think was.


I said goodbye to my waistline this past weekend and I didn't even know it!




So it's not the most flattering picture and I'm have in my work clothes/half in comfy clothes. Yes you guessed it. My pants are the comfy half partly because I no longer fit comfortably into my pants, even my bigger ones. It's time to go shopping.

For the most part I'm feeling good. I am still able to eat most everything, somethings just don't appeal to me. I still get more headaches than usual and am tired a lot of the time. So no real changes as far as that goes, just my waist line. I still show Josh my belly every day and sometimes more. He noticed a difference on Saturday when I told him to feel how hard and big my belly was. I have to say that this past weekend is when I really "popped".

Here is the first outfit I bought Baby C. I refrained from buying anything else at this time.



I can't wait to see our little one in this outfit. It's so fun seeing such a little outfit hanging in the closet.

Our next Dr appt is this Thursday (9-3). It is a routine 4 week check-up. We get here the heartbeat again!!! My favorite part. I will also find out what the status is of my lb's. As a reminder I was down 3 lbs my last visit from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Our ultra sound is Sept 24th so I'll get to post some updated pics of our little one!

Angie

3 comments:

  1. What you felt is definitely Baby C. That's how it felt for me. It was like a little flutter, just the slightest touch against your tummy. I loved that feeling. I still remember where I was too when I first felt it. Ahhh...how wonderful. So exicting. Don't forget to tell your doctor that a Mrs. Shong Lee will be calling her about the sex of the baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh. You're looking so cute and pregnant! And what a sweet outfit for the little one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE seeing your pictures and reading you blog. So much excitement and anticipation!! LOVE the new ultrasounds. CUTE, CUTE Baby C!!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete