Thursday, September 3, 2009

17 Week Heartbeat

We had our doctor's visit today and got to hear the heartbeat again! It was a strong 151...I think. I remember it was 150 something, I was too involved in hearing the heartbeat I didn't listen too intently to the dr. As I said before, a healthy heartbeat is between 120 & 150. So it is a strong baby in there. We were able to hear the heartbeat longer this time and I still wanted more after she took the doppler off my belly. When we were listening I looked over at Josh and he was grinning ear to ear. I of course couldn't stop smiling after the appt. Josh and I both said it's always a little nerve racking before the appt. We both agreed tht we have a little voice in our head that says "please let there be a heartbeat". You can't help but worry, but it is exciting all at the same time. It's reassuring that my belly continues to grow and soon I'll feel movement reminding me baby is having a good ol' time in utero.

I was also please that I gained 3 lbs from our last visit 5 weeks ago. So I am now back to my prepregnancy weight and don't fit into my pants?!? That seems backwards, but of course baby is growing too.

Flu season is upon us. Now that I am pregnant I will be getting my first flu shot. Not only do we need to worry about the 'normal' flu we now have the Swine flu. So that brought the question up to my doctor, should I get this new vaccine they speak of?!? She would advise me to get it, but wonders if the whole H1N1 scare is media driven or really is going to be worse than last year. So I will find out soon if my clinic will be getting any vaccines and how many. Then they will decide who gets them if they don't get enough for all the pregnant woman. I'm still contemplating if I want to get the swine flu vaccine, I guess I need to read more about it. Ugh.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment