This week baby is the size of a cantelope! I still can't believe it's really that big.
Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium, a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells. This is what will fill the first diaper after birth. Attractive I know! Baby's genitals are now fully formed. The baby is covered in a white substance called vernix caseosa. This substance helps protect the baby's skin from becoming irritated while submersed in amniotic fluid, and it also aids in the baby's passage through the birth canal during labor. Both not the most beautiful image, but none the less, it's what's going on with that little baby of ours!
Here is how I have been growing!
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE being pregant! I feel so much better and love feeling the movement of the little one. I have been craving Pepsi which really makes that baby dance!
To all you mom's out there...I get it now. There is no feeling like caring so much for something, having not met him/her. I would move mountains for this little baby. This is by far the most special and amazing thing I will ever experience, besides the other future village members that we will create. Nothing makes me happier than imaging our life once he/she is born. But I will admit I will be very sad not to be pregnant!
Last weekend we spent up in Door County with my Dad, Josh's Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle and cousin and briefly hung out with his Mom , Dad and Cigi. It was a busy weekend. Dad and I went golfing, we drove up the county, met his Mom for our traditional fish dinner at Birmingham's. I attending Cigi's wedding shower, which was very nice and great to see so many people I don't get to see very often. She will make a beautiful bride in the next couple of weeks and am so excited to be apart of her big day. Sunday was the big Packer vs Bears game and the frozen tundra wasn't so frozen, it was sweltering in 2 layers and jeans, but fun just the same. Here we are.
We were surrounded by Bears fans so it was nice to cheer the Pack on to a late 4th quarter win! The only thing I noticed was when I cheered I seemed to get light headed, so I let Josh yell for both of us. Then Monday morning we went to breakfast with Kym and picked up my bridesmaid dress for the wedding, which fits perfect, so my belly can't grow too much more!!!
We are starting to get ready for this little one. We picked out a paint color, a nice healthy asparagas! It's prettier than it sounds. I cleaned out "my" closet in the nursery and moved most everything to the spare bedroom. We will be shopping for carseats and strollers and checking out safety ratings, then registering soon. I started calling day cares, man I am not looking forward to that expense, or leaving my little angel for the day! I am signing us up for our birthing classes we will take in December. I will most likely pre-register with the hospital I will be delivering at. We have our first doula appt next month and of course the already mentioned Ultrasound in 3 days. Have I mentioned we have our ultrasound on Thursday?!?
Yesterday I also attended my friend Jill's Baby shower! It was beautiful and she looks great. Little Julia will be here in less than 2 months. We are 3 months apart in our pregnancy so it's been fun talking pregnacy with her and seeing her excitment over the months. She is having a girl so there was lots of cute pink everything! I teared up when she opened some of the gifts. They were just so cute! But it makes it a little more difficult not finding out seeing all those gender specific clothes. Kelly and I will be throwing her other shower for her next month. I will post pics at that time, since I completely forgot to at this one.
Shelly and kayla added to Baby C's wardrobe with a "my first twins tee" shirt! It so cute and approprate!
Well, until Thursday...
Angie


No comments:
Post a Comment