Monday, August 10, 2009

14 Weeks

I am now 14 whole weeks and can't belive how fast it came. I'm in my second trimester and feeling more tired than the first. I'm noticing I also get hungry more often, but yet most food doesn't sound appealing to me making it difficult to keep my belly full. I still have that gagging/dry heaving sensation without the chunks. As long as there's nothing to follow I'm ok with it all, even in public.

I am ALREADY moving more slowly too. Josh and I went for a walk last night and I was breathing heavy walking up a slight incline. I started slowing down to a snails pace and taking deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth...I mean really?!? Josh looked back at me and started laughing and asked if I was going to make it. Unfortunately, I had my doubts that I would make it. I'm usually a lot more in shape and can't blame it on a bump, because there isn't much of one, nor is there much weight gain. Just one of those changes I am enduring throughout this pregnancy. I never realized how much my body would change in such a small amount of time. I unfortunately don't have a belly pic this week.
The important part...Baby
Our baby is busy sucking it's thumb, wiggling it's toes, frowning, quinting and smiling. I'm sure it's smiling when I eat the freezes Josh keeps feeding me! But seriously it's a real live little guy/girl and oh so cute just thinking of it developing it's own personality. On to serious things, it's also breathing in the amniotic fluid and making urine. The liver is starting produce bile and the spleen beginning to produce red blood cells. Lanugo (thin downy hair) is starting to grow all over the baby for warmth.

I tried pushing on my belly, gently of course, to try and feel the little bambino, but no luck. In a few short weeks I may start feeling movement. Oh I'm so excited for that!
Josh and I won our little one this stuffed animal at the Washington Co Fair a couple of weekends ago.



Josh thought it was funny when Elroy hovered over it as if it was going to start pawing at it, so he encouraged the behavior and I had to put my foot down. This is baby's monkey, Elroy has it's own and is more his size. Anyway, we only spent $10 to win this stuffed animal and we had so much fun doing it. The Washington Co Fair is just preparation for the big event...




I am so excited for the Fair! Josh on the other hand is sad that the summer is coming to an end, but with every end comes the Great MN Get Together! Walleye fingers, corn dogs, deep fried pickles, pork chop on a stick, alpine snow, cheese curds and much much more. I'm hoping I have a good appetite the day we go! This is our baby's first State Fair so we have to show it what it's all about, Collins style!

I will hope to get a belly pic in this week. It's getting bigger. I had to unbutton my pants today on the ride home.

Angie

1 comment:

  1. I think the older I get, the more Lanugo my body is producing. I would have never guessed it was for warmth. I thought someone above us was just playing a mean trick on me.

    ReplyDelete