Today we met our doctor. Dr Andreson, I can't say enough good things about her. Thank you so much Sherri for the recommendation! If anyone is looking for a great doctor I would highly suggest her. She is with Adefris and Toppin clinic in Woodwinds. She is so energetic, caring, patient and excited with us about our pregnancy. I just hope I am lucky enough to have her deliver our baby.
The appt started off with the weigh in. I gained 1lb in the last 3 weeks, so that's better than losing more. That puts me 3lbs under my prepregnancy weight. I have lots of time to gain the weight I need to gain, especially now that I'm felling better.
My blood pressure was a little higher than last time, but the nurse reassured me that it's fine especially this early on in the pregnancy.
Dr Andreson came in and answered all of my questions and made me feel more comfortable about what to expect and doing what's best for me. She went over my labs from my previous appt and all was wonderful. My blood type is B-, so since it's negative I have to get the RH-shot to prevent any antibodies from attacking the baby if it has a + blood type. I don't know if that is the right explaination, but that's how I understood it.
We then got to hear the heartbeat...AMAZING! I didn't realize how low the baby was positioned. It is right above my pubic bone. The heartbeat was loud and clear at 166! She said it is high, but not a bad high. This early on it is normal for it to be at 170 or 180 or as low as 140. Later on it will slow down. Hearing our little one in there made my heart melt and tears fill my eyes. I just wanted to get inside there and hug and kiss it, but I will wait until he/she is healthy and strong and ready to make it's appearance. At every appt we will get to hear the heartbeat so that makes me very excited!
I have been on cloud 9 all day since we heard the heartbeat. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Pregnancy is one of the greatest gifts a woman can get and after it all it only gets better. A part of me is sad thinking that in 6 months I don't get to have him/her inside me helping it grow and bond. Ask me in 5 months if that makes me sad though with the constant kicking, peeing and sleepless nights!
September 24th is our 20 week ultrasound...will we or won't we? That is the question we will ask our selves for the next 2 months.
Angie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh Ang and Josh - What an exciting and emotional blog you have. Please keep sharing all your emotions and excitement so we can share in ALL of it!!! I love hearing about my little grandchild and how my daughter is feeling through all this.... I LOVE YOU and that little baby plum!! Love Mom
ReplyDeleteOh Josh & Angie I am so proud of the two of you...you are now about to start that journey understanding a parents love as well. I hope to keep the tears under better contol however while reading this blog stuff. Being so far away from you it will be a great way for me to know the stats and feelings that are being felt all around my new Grand Baby, "Baby C". Love, the new Grandma 2B
ReplyDeleteAngie informs me on how big BabyC is each week. This week it's a peach (Right? Now I'm second-guessing myself). Anyway, every time she tells me, I think, "is it an early season (small) peach or a late season (larger) peach"? Then she says, "next week it's going be the size of an orange", to which I ask myself, "a large orange or a small orange"? I mean, sometimes large peaches are bigger than small oranges and I know BabyC isn't shrinking. Anyhow, it gets me thinking, and that's the fun part. Thank goodness we have 6.5 months. But at the same time, it can't get here soon enough.
ReplyDeleteJosh - I love listening to how you and Angie are sharing all this anticipation and excitement. And how each week brings something new for you guys. You are going to be such a GREAT dad!! I'm sure at times you may tire of being the husband of a pregnant woman who one day soon will be waddling around with aches and pains, but I hope the two of you can take in each of exciting and different periods of pregnancy while your little Baby C grows to a baby who will bring you so much joy and love...
ReplyDeleteLove - Grandma
Waiting with great excitement and anticipation for that next belly picture.... :)
ReplyDeleteLove - Grandma