The embryo still looks like a tadpole, but is starting to form major organs (heart, liver, stomach and kidneys) and systems (nervous, digestive and circulatory). At this time our baby's skeleton is also starting to form.
Now to the "secret". We've encountered some situtations where we've had to lie about this growing baby inside of me. We were at Rhia's Birthday party last weekend and she came right out and asked Josh if we were pregnant. We had to say no. It's so hard not to tell people and even harder to make it look like I'm drinking. Christin's magical cranberry club soda has been my saving grace for situations like this. I dodged Grand Old day, but was ready for it with O'Douls that I would have brought and poured into a beer cup like I do every year. We've been out twice with Josh's softball guys and since they don't know me very well a water in hand replacing my beer is no shock to them, so no questions asked there.
Tomorrow is a different story. I am going out with my high school friends for dinner at PD Pappy's to celebrate Sherri's upcoming wedding in a week. Since it will be dinner, I'm not sure how I will dodge the cocktails since I have at least 1 drink 99% of the time I am out with my friends! And they know we have been trying to conceive. I may have to get creative or break down and share our news. To be continued...



No comments:
Post a Comment