Josh and I were so much more excited and releaved after she left on Tuesday. Josh had said before our meeting with Megan he wondered', what the heck am I going to do while we're at the hospital. Afterwards he understood his role and it was refreshing to know that he won't have to "leave" me while he grabs a bite to eat or runs to the restroom etc. I also know more what to expect and know such a caring educated person will be there with us to advocate for us. We will meet with her again closer to our due date to go over comforting techniques and laboring positions. If anyone knows someone who is pregnant I would recommend a doula. You can find more info on http://www.dona.org/.
We had our routine monthly visit today with the Dr. Baby C's heartrate was a strong 158. While she had the doppler on my belly the baby, who had been pretty quiet most of the morning, kicked, punched or pushed the doppler make it move slightly off so the heartbeat was fuzzy. She moved it again over the baby again and BAM another kick from Baby C, wondering what the heck is out there invading my space. That may be a little dramatic, but we thought it was funny that he/she is now reacting to things on the outside. She measured my belly from my pelvic bone to the top of my uterus and it measures right where it should for 24 weeks. I gained 4 lbs in the last month so my total weight gain is 6 lbs from my prepregnancy weight. My doctor still hasn't heard if our clinic will be getting the H1N1 vaccine. She read in the paper that the vaccine might not hit clinics until December now! I still need to get my regular flu shot and she told me to get that one as soon as I could. It was funny though, the Dr asked if I had any swelling and I said no. Josh interupted and asked what she ment by that. She explained that she wanted to know if I was getting puffy in my legs, ankles or feet because it could be an indication of something. Josh said oh, well she does have some swelling here, and he touched my belly. The Dr got a good chuckle out of that one. Josh continues to make me laugh and I know his humor will help me through the much anticipated labor of our little Baby.
Our next appt is Nov 18th and I will go in for the glucose test and RH- shot. The glucose test for gestational diabetes makes me a little nervous, just because I don't want to fail my test and have gestational diabetes. Here's the thing, I love my sweets especially now that I am pregnant! I have some sort of sweet at least once a day most days twice a day. I even dream about buying and eating sweets. I went out to breakfast with some girlfriends last weekend and the night before I drempt I ordered and ate a cinnamon roll. Two nights ago, I drempt I was shopping for donuts and couldn't decide which ones to buy because I wanted them all. Let's hope I pass this test with flying colors and am able to endulge and satisfy my sweet tooth.
In other news, Josh took a day off today after working long hours for the last few weeks. He decided to go to Gander Mtn. While there he found a pair of tennis shoes for himself and it was buy one get one. Being the thoughtful husband, he found a cute pair for me. He called me at work and asked if I wanted to stop by Gander Mtn after work to check them out. I told him just to buy them for me. And here they are!
I love my new kicks! He even took this picture and sent it to me at work so I could see my new shoes. Thanks Josh. Now I can treat my feet with some nice new shoes while I carry around this little life inside me. I may need velcro in the next month or so though!!!
Until next time,
Angie


No comments:
Post a Comment